You’ve packed your bags, booked your hotel, scheduled your excursions…but do you have a plan if something goes wrong while you’re in an unfamiliar country?
Travel assistance provides support when the unexpected happens while you’re traveling.
You may be able to receive support services through your employer’s travel assistance vendor. These vendors are available through toll-free emergency phone call 24/7, typically when you are traveling 100 or more miles from your home for less than 90 days.
How can they help?
- Tracking lost or delayed luggage
- Access to a medical help line
- Emergency medical evaluation
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Replacing lost or forgotten medications
- Legal or medical referrals
- Emergency cash advances and credit card replacement
- Translation services
Before your next trip, check with Human Resources to see what assistance is available to you.
Content by Lockton Dunning Benefits with info from https://www.travelinsurancereview.net/tips-and-advice/choosing-your-plan/travel-assistance-or-travel-insurance/