When life’s unexpected accidents happen, are you ready? Do you have a first aid kit with everything you might need?
What should be in your first aid kit?
- Bandages and Band-Aids for cuts
- Burn cream
- Tweezers to remove splinters
- Ice pack for burns or swelling
- Aspirin or other pain relief medicine
- Antibiotic ointment and antiseptic for cleaning wounds and preventing infection
- An oral thermometer to check for fever
- Safety gloves in case of blood
You don’t need medical training to help in case of a minor injury. Being prepared and having the proper tools can help with minor cuts, bruises or burns. You should keep a first aid kit in your home and in your car. Check it periodically to make sure it’s fully stocked.
Content by Lockton Dunning Benefits with info from https://onlinenursing.regiscollege.edu/msn-to-doctor-of-nursing-practice/a-nurses-guide-to-first-aid-tips/