Quarterly Quiz: What Workout Routine Should You Start?
There are so many workout options out there – how do you know where to start? Take this quick quiz for some ideas.
- How much free time do you have?
- I’m so busy – between work, kids, and everything else, I have hardly any down time.
- About average – I’m busy, but I have down time before and after work and on weekends.
- Too much – I’m so bored!
- What are your workout goals?
- Start a workout routine – right now I don’t do much.
- Create a habit – I work out occasionally, but I want to do more.
- Lose weight and get healthy.
- What motivates you to work out?
- Stress relief.
- Change of pace.
- Where is your favorite place to work out?
- At home, so I don’t have to spend time going somewhere.
- The gym.
- Anywhere but my house!
If you answered mostly A’s: You should incorporate short daily workouts into your life. Your days are full to the brim with activities, so you need workouts that are quick and to the point. Adding a few circuits of squats or sit-ups to your morning and evening can make a big difference. You can also burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time by doing 20 to 30 minutes of strength training or cardio.
If you answered mostly B’s: You need a workout buddy. You need some motivation to keep your routine going – having a partner to work out with will keep you going. Ask a friend or family member to join you at the gym or for a weekly run. The social aspect will help you build a habit.
If you answered mostly C’s: You need to switch it up. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with exercise. If you always run in the same place, you’ll likely get sick of it. Try out a new workout video online. Join a new class at your local gym. Try aerial yoga! Switching up your routine will help keep you motivated and healthy.
Content by Lockton Dunning Benefits with info from https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/whats-best-workout-me/