Whole life insurance provides benefits for a lifetime.
It’s more than just a benefit upon death — it provides value you can use during times of need. The benefits of whole life include any final expenses plus cash accumulation. It’s kind of like owning a house: you keep the benefit for a lifetime.
What can it be used for?
- Help pay final expenses
- Pay for the expenses associated with terminal illness, including long-term care
- Accumulates cash value at a guaranteed interest rate; you can borrow against this value
Whole life also has a guaranteed premium and level benefit — for life.
- Your premium is locked in for the amount of coverage you desire — the younger you are, the lower the premium. Rates this affordable with guaranteed issue are usually only available through an employer.
- The level death benefit does not decrease with age.
- The coverage continues for life.
- Guaranteed issue — generally available only through an employer — means you can get coverage with no health questions or exams.
Content by Lockton Dunning Benefits